Friday, September 17, 2010

brownie delight


okay people, brace yourselves for my favorite dessert of all time. it is known as the dessert cristal ate all by herself at christmas AKA brownie delight. the version that my mom makes is similar to this one submitted by opal erickson with a few tweaks. the tweaks are outlined below. ive tried making it myself, but accidentally let the cream cheese spoil in the fridge. yea. i just let my mom make it from now on.

ps. if this sounds like too much chocolate for you, try this 4 layer delight by lisa of lisa is bossy.

my mom's tweaks:
-crumble up the brownie into bits and put into large party bowl (instead of it being a flat brownie square)
-whipped cream mixture layer (cream cheese, sugar and whipping)
-pudding layer
-another whipped layer
- miscellaneous layer. you can use anything from sprinkles, toffee, pecans to reeses. my weakness is a layer of oreos!
-repeat all layers and make the top layer look pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment