Friday, September 3, 2010

yumm-o, healthy and quick!



this recipe is courtesy rachael ray! smokey salmon with watercress and bacon-corn cous cous. i couldn't find watercress at my grocery store, so i substituted arugula lettuce and it turned out great! i also left out the hot sauce and the old bay seasonings. most of the items it calls for, i already had in my kitchen so all i had to buy was the meat, dill, and cous cous. it was super duper easy to throw it together, and the flavors matched each other very well!
*** make this tonight!! rachael even has a how to video on the link!

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I looove me some couscous, but lately I've been into Quinoa!! Have you ever had it? It's super beneficial health-wise, and it's so amazingly delicious, but the trick is to toast the seeds before cooking. I think this recipe would work just as well with it.

    Thanks for sharing! Loving your blog, chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm, good tip! yea i have seen quinoa in the bulk section at central market and on recipes. i'll have to start using it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man this sounds good! I'm going to try it! I've been going to this food blog: www.noteatingoutinny.com and I've made some good stuff! Let me know of any cool food blogs you go to!!

    ReplyDelete